Saturday, 21 April 2012
DAZ #20: "Out Of The Past!"
Ah. The old dream sequence opening. Better than a dream sequence ending, obviously, especially when there's no doubt regarding what we're watching. Today, we start off inside the subconscious of Carter Blaire, who is still catatonic over his daughter's "betrayal" (which isn't surprising, since this is the same day we last saw him). From his mad ravings (he keeps dreaming Alison is trying to kill him), his psychiatrist has worked out who the proximate cause is, but they can't get ahold of her. Not that it might matter, laments grandmother Bella; "they're both so full of pride." Which, respectfully, is not the problem here. The problem is that Carter is full of being a dick, and Alison is full of not liking people who are full of being a dick.
(Well, she's 95% full of that. The remaining 5% is kleptomania.)
It's all too much for poor old Bella, but fortunately she's drawing support from a very uncomfortable-looking Warren Worthington. He got into this to boink a hot blonde, not cuddle an old biddy! It's so awful when that happens...
One comparatively unobjectionable part of all this, the tussle has caused the locket to finally open. There are two pictures inside. One is of Alison's father, the other is of an unknown man. Dun dun duh!
By this point, Dazzler has arrived at the lunch party, but there's not much time for her to relax. She's no sooner headed for the telephone in the back room (to see if Harry's found her anything to do yet) when the front door is blasted open, and in walk: Doctor Sax and Johnny Guitar.
The 20th Anniversary Doctor Who Celebration is held at Longleat House. There's some great pictures of the event over here.
"Hunch, he looks more like you every day."
"Too bad - I was hopin' he'd be good-looking."
I guess the old ones really are the best sometimes. Especially when they're the only part of this whole issue that isn't completely ridiculous and/or insufferably unpleasant.